10.04.2006

Yesterday



Here's what I came home to yesterday. Someone(s) broke into our house. I am now scared to be home alone, but also scared to be gone from the house. It was done during the day while I had gone to pick Ross up from school. I don't know how much I have cried. It's a lot tho.

Here's top of my dresser. The drawers were gone thru and stuff thrown out. The boxes on the top were gone thru and one emptied.
L's guns were taken
They even took my pillow case. Sorry pic is so small. Blogger wouldn't let me put a bigger pic on.

In the end here's what was taken~
3 of L's guns
L's bow
2 Earnhardt collectible knives
my portable CD player
binoculars
2-way radio
and about 15 dollars in change

We think I scared them off. And THAT's scary. I was trying to hurry the boys into the house. What if we did get into the house sooner? Would we have caught them in the act? Spooky

Whole story~
I walked into the house and looked at my bedroom door noticing it was open. "Odd, I thought. "I thought I left it closed" (due to the cat). I sat down my purse on the counter. I notice on the counter was a frozen pizza and a bag of frozen french fries. "What's going on?" I look up and see the back door open, then see the window broken. I go back to where the boys are getting ready to play Mario. I see the stereo messed up. I'm starting to go balistic. I look into my room and see drawers open everywhere and stuff all over my floor. I called my FIL and went nutz, then called the police. Then we had fun with police all afternoon. Then I had the fun of cleaning up :(

Please pray for me cuz I'm having a REALLY hard time with it. I'm scared they will return. They left some expensive hunting stuff (again thinking I scared them off). The 3 guns together aren't worth as much as the one gun they left. Not the brightest tool(s) in the toolshed!

Write ya later

4 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Oh my gosh girl!!! I would be scared too. Do you have any idea who it might be?

Gretchen said...

Nope. We are thinking it might be some kids. There were some kids that were riding a 4 wheeler the day before, stopped in front of someone's house, then took off. The detective is CONVINCED it is a friend or family member who needed money or on drugs. So, still just trying to find things out.

Staci said...

I can't believe this happend! Its terrible. I'm sorry we didn't get to catch up this past week. I was so busy with family- I have such a big family that getting away is hard to do! Maybe next time.

Hope they find the people that did this to your home...

Vickie said...

OH MY GOSH!! I'm so glad you guys are OK! I know that was very scary. I would have been freaked out.
This happened to me once before when Crystal was a baby. I scared them off probably just as they came into my home so they didn't get a chance to take anything.

I know this really scared you but don't live in fear.