8.13.2012

Closer to time

It's getting closer to time to school. Yippe :) I am taking 4 classes: Victorian Lit, Cultural Anthropology, Social Inequalities, and Science Fiction. I'm looking forward to the books we are reading in Sci Fi class. I know the books will be different than the movies I have seen, but that's fine. We will be reading ones like Time Machine, War of the Worlds (and I remember that from the tv show in the.... 80's? I believe), and Planet of the Apes.

Now that I have gotten hooked on DIY shows, I have now gotten to where I look at things and try and figure out what I could do with that thing differently. It's funny how your mind changes once you start doing things you like. I wish I had found this hobby...well, not really a hobby cuz it's now became a way of thinking for me....before now. At the same time, I don't know if I would have been as successful at it before because I wouldn't have been so excited about it. I think pinterest has helped me. Although I have gotten ideas, I have been proud that I've come up with my own things too :) Guess I just never thought of myself as this type of crafty person. I used to do plastic canvas, but not anymore. Hard to do it with little ones around wanting to get at the string...plus with a noisy household, it gets aggravating when I have to keep recounting for the stitches or boxes...lol.

So things are good. Going today to get the 2 younger ones registered for daycare. Then to my FIL to see if for the next week and 1/2, the oldest can stay with him. I start school before the schools are back in session, so I need to find somewhere for the oldest one :)

Hasta luego :)

0 comments: