8.08.2013

Ross


So I have enjoyed writing the last few days, telling you of my boys. What inspired me was today.  I wanted it to lead up to this.

Today, 13 years ago, at 9:46am, a 7lb, 7 and 1/2oz; 20 and 1/2 inches long little boy changed my life. Today, 13 years ago, I became a mommy for the first time. Today, 13 years ago, I held my own child in my arms after a 10 hour labor. Today, 13 years ago, Anthony Ross, became his mommy's boy.

He has been a challenge. He always keeps us on our toes. We found out early on that he has certain behavioral and neurological problems. However, I'm not going to go into that in this post. Yes, it is a part of him. Yes, it is something we have to deal with. However, it does not define him. He is much more than these things.

He LOVES to read. I think this is how Mark learned to love it (he wanted to be like his big brother :) ) Ross loves to read history. He's read that same Ben Franklin book that Mark has...not as many times, but still...lol. He also likes fiction. He really got into the Percy Jackson series. He could even tell you alllll the people throughout the books. I was lucky to remember the main characters (I read the books along with him)

Talking about being able to tell you about allll the characters...his mind is like a trap. Once something is in there, he can spout it back out at ya. He can read something and then tell you about it, even a week/month/and sometime a year later. 

His love of history goes beyond books. He loves going to historical sites. We have gone to Old Salem and Latta Plantation. He had a ball. He loves learning about the places. He has gone to other places thru his school as well (I'm not even going to try and remember them...lol)

He loves his electronic games. I think if he could, he wouldn't ever let them go...lol. Anytime we talk on the phone, he tries to tell me about his games. I don't understand them, but he tells me about them to the "T."  He likes other games, but he bores very easily...lol, so it has to have a lot of action...or at least he wants to be certain he can win...lol.

He loves those hard to pronounce games and shows. You know the ones: Pokemon, Digimon, Bakugan, and ones along those lines. I don't get them. I have tried to play along with them....yet...nope...don't get 'em...lol.

He is very serious about things. He doesn't like magic or magic tricks. "How does a kid not like magic?" you may ask. Well, he'll tell you this: It's just an illusion and it's not real, so he doesn't like it. Ross deals in tangibles and concrete things. It's hard for him to think in abstracts. He likes to know how things are going to be and know what's going to happen and when that doesn't happen, he doesn't like it. 

He is my serious boy. He is my protector boy (he takes care of everyone). He is my history buff. He is my gamer. 

He is the boy that changed this girl's life forever, 13 years ago, at 9:46 am.

This is my Rosserdo! 

0 comments: