8.06.2013

Trevor

Trevor has been my over zealous child. He has learned things at a zooming speed. Whether or not some things stick...well, that's another story...lol.

Trevor came as a surprise. Mark was 5 when Trevor was born. He was graduating from preschool and I was worried that I was going to miss his graduation ceremony because of it. Luckily, I didn't :)

Every milestone, he tried to get to very early. I think it had more to do with trying to keep up with his brothers. He didn't want to be left behind. At 7 months old, he was already walking. Not stably, of course, but he was determined to follow his big brothers. He didn't want to be in one room while his brothers had taken off to another...lol.

Although he does have problems with certain words, he has a huge vocabulary. A lot of times, instead of saying "I" he'll say "My" so it's cute if he has to say "I do" (in the song by Taylor Swift "Begin Again") it becomes "My do"

He is a sponge for learning.....when he wants to. He loves to learn about dinosaurs. Anytime he sees a book with dinos in it, he is immediately drawn to it. Another thing he likes to read/look at pictures about is nature. At the doctor's office, there is an A-Z book of ocean animals. I think he looks thru it everytime. And he has figured out when pages are tore out...lol.

When he wants to learn something, he will try and try and try. One example is with winking. He can wink fine with his right eye, but he has trouble with his left eye. But he doesn't give up! Sometimes he'll try and "train" it by using his finger to close it, then try and keep it close. Other times he'll just focus real hard to wink with just his left eye. It's so cute to see him try sooo hard for something he wants sooo hard to do. I pray and hope that this goes for everything he does in life.

Trevor LOVES to sing. We just got finished with VBS at church. When he came home in the evenings, he'd sing the songs over and over and over and over (which is cute, but Mark wasn't liking it...lol..Mark gets songs stuck in his head real quick, so he wasn't wanting that...lol) He will sing songs until he knows it  backwards and forwards. One song that is popular around here is "Wagon Wheel" by Darius Rucker. He will sing it over and over and Dean with sing with him :)

My son knew his racecar drivers before he knew his ABC's. I have a video of him pointing to different #'s and bobbleheads and telling who they are. Jeff Gordon is his favorite driver. Why? I have NO idea...lol. No one else in the house is a Gordon fan...lol. My only guess is because my dad had a Gordon shirt at one time and gave it to Mark and Trevor saw it and it stuck in his head. It's a stretch, I know....but I can't figure anything else out...lol. He won't sit and watch a race, but he'll walk thru and ask "Where's Jeff Gordon at?" Drives L crazy...lol.

Trevor is also a clothes addict. He loves to change clothes over and over and over and over and....well you get the gist...lol. I think he gets this from Mark cuz Mark will do the same as well. He loves to pick out his own outfits, although his matching skills are, of course, sometimes in  question...lol. I even told his teachers at preschool one time that I wasn't dressing him, that he was dressing himself, and that if he didn't match, if was his choice...lol. Didn't want them thinking I didn't know how to match clothes...lol.

He is my running, playing, loving child. He's my intense trier, my playful goof. He's the one who will try his hardest to help you. He is DeanDean's "Twewa" and he's my surprise. 

He is my TrevTrev. 

0 comments: