3.12.2018

Changing it up

So with M's bloodwork coming back, we have made changes in our diet. I told him that I would eat the same things along with him, so that he doesn't feel alone. This is a big change in our house. Not that we have really ate bad....we just weren't conscience of what we were eating. I have a few friends helping me, as this is sometimes confusing to me.

Such as...there is soooo many things I can eat on a low carb diet that I didn't realize would be ok. Then, of course, my favorite things are "no-no's" ...like pizza and pasta 😞😞😞 I love my pizza. However....there are ways to make pizza and make it no carb. So I'm happy about that 😁😁😁

This was our first night's supper: bacon wrapped chicken with cheese, carrots, and green beans. 



Then, last night, I made pork chops 4 ways: topped with cheese, with pork rind coating, coated in bacon jam, and plain...in case no one liked the other things. We had butter beans and green beans. Others in the house also had mac and cheese and sweet corn.

I'm not one much for veggies. And the main one I like, I can't have 😞...potatoes. But that's ok. I am doing this for my son...but also for me. I've got to lose some of this weight.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. It seems to be going good right now...but it's only been 3 days (counting today),  but we are gonna have to be diligent in this. I really do think we are going to do great on this. Just gotta get used to our new way of eating. 

0 comments: