9.19.2006

This and that

As I am writing this at 12:40 am, there is a CRICKET in my room making a loud ruckus!! I'm going to end up sleeping on the couch tonight. I can't find where it's at! Diving me nuts!

Ross is doing great at school. Still having a bit of a problem, but NOTHING like what we were having last year.

Girls are doing good too. Ashley had a bit of a problem on her practice math test, but hopefully she'll do ok tomorrow on her test. Emily may not be able to go on her trip next year (the one she was nominated to go on, to Italy and Greece), but we haven't talked with her mom yet so don't know if it's official yet.

I am so disappointed. I made a 76!! on my Criminal Justice test. I am so upset. She wrote us an e-mail to say that the test scores get better thru the semester cuz now we know how she does things. I sure hope so. I did make an 100 on my Forensic Psychology test tho. So I am happy about that. I had to drop my English class. Just did NOT understand those stories. I wrote to her and both of us agreed that a classroom setting for that class might be better for me. I don't like withdrawing, cuz I feel as tho I'm giving up, but if I can't talk it out in a class, I don't think I'd make it.

I am having to take Smoreo to the vet on Wed. Poor thing is sneezing all the time and that's the first thing they have open. I just hope it's not an upper respiratory infection. I wish the lady on the phone hadn't have said that. I was only figuring it was allergies and she said "It could be allergies, or a cold, or it might be an infection" I could've not heard that and been fine til Wed. hehe. Now I'm worried.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I am in the process of looking for a new church, which I am having a problem doing. I grew up in the church I'm leaving and I'm having a problem with leaving it. I feel tho that I need to so I can get my whole family to go to the same church. The girls don't like to go there (most of the time, they'll go to church with my FIL fiancee, and I go to mine) and neither does L I just can't get him to go). I went to a new church yesterday. I didn't care for the SS teacher. I'm going to try a different class next Sun.(I want to give it a fair chance). I like when you read directly from the Bible even if it's written in your SS lesson book. She read completely from the SS lesson book, and I didn't care for that. Please pray for me on this endeavor.

I'm starting to feel better. I have only exercised once this past week (shame on me!!!), but I'm getting up and getting going in the morning better now. I just wish I had some way of keeping motivated about exercising. It gets to me how I KNOW I need to exercise, but can't get motivated to do it!!

Gas prices here are going down rapidly. What's it where you are? It's $2.48 today.

Write ya later.

1 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Gretchen!
I feel your pain on the exercise thing. I HATE to exercise. I love stetches but I HATE to sweat!!!
I would love to go back to school. Not necessarily to educate myself for a better job, just because I love to learn.
The gas tonight was $2.21 a gallon for regular.
I hope you find a church to suit your family. In my opinion, (which you may not want, uh-oh, sorry) is that when you have young children/teenagers I think you need to find a church that has a good, active program for them and then everything else will slide into place.
Hope you get to feeling better soon!