3.08.2007

Another post

I know I know...ANOTHER one? hehe

Anyways, we are going to another neurologist tomorrow. I'm praying this one can help us more. He is the one that told Ross' step-mom that Ross shouldn't have even been given this last medicine, that it was bad for him.

Plus, we are to meet with an exceptional program lady. To try and get Ross some help NOW. Oh~ I just realized, I haven't told ya what happened yesterday.

I'll TRY and not make it too long :)

I get a call from Ross' PE teacher that he has hit her and began running around the gym and I needed to come get him. I get there and he is ANGRY. He won't talk to me. I tell him "Fine, get your coat on and let's go" Nope, he wouldn't do it. I put one arm in, he'd take the other arm out. Finally I get his coat on. Then he won't get up. Finally he does. We go to the door of the school and he stops, turns, and starts running down the hallway. I catch him and we start to go back out. We get one foot out the door and he drops his book bag and takes off! I look at Mark, tell him to go inside to the office and tell them mommy needs help, and I take off after Ross. He gets halfway across the parking lot (it's a big parking lot) and I'm afraid he's heading toward the busy road. He then turns a sharp left and starts running thru the school yard. I finally get him (I need to get in shape). Then I take him to the SUV and he don't want to get in. I get him in and he doesn't want to buckle. I get him buckled and the Asst. Principle asks me if I'll be ok. I tell her yeah. Get home~he don't want to get out. I had to literally drag him out. We get inside and he goes to his room. I call his step-mom and I tell her what happened. By this time, Ross has calmed down enough to tell us what was wrong. The rest of the day.......he was GREAT. He didn't talk back, did what I told him to, and was wonderful.


Ross, when he is told to do an assignment, HAS to do the whole thing at one time. He can't stop and pick it back up later. Well, his teacher had given an assignment and then realized they had to go to PE and had to stop doing the work. So he was already really upset with that. When they got in PE, he just got more agitated when the teacher wanted him to "be an elephant". At this time (if they'd listen to what we have TOLD them) they should have let him sit by himself and cool off, but they don't listen and that's where we found ourselves yesterday.

So how was your day? hehehe Just a glimpse into another day in our household. Just pray that we can get help...SOON.

Write ya later.

2 comments:

Carolanne said...

What a day!
You're right, the teachers should have listened to you and it would have saved you (and them) a lot of time and energy.

Hope you're able to find the right help, soon.

Kim's Life said...

Oh you poor thing. I really hope it works out for you.