7.15.2013

The 31st of November

(I had written this in January  2013, but didn't publish it)
So, 7 days after my last post was a tough one. On Nov. 31st, I had talked to my mom at 7pm. We talked about how she was feeling better (after being in the hospital the week before due to blood loss). We talked about the pictures she colored in her physical therapy (she was sooo excited about that :) ) She told me that she had a little bit of a pain in her shoulder due to some exercises in PT, but that she knew she had to have a little pain to get better. Then made plans for me to come up there with the boys the next day or Sunday. She was excited, as was I.

 At 8:20pm, I got a call from her again. She wanted me to bring a picture of my dad for her to have in her room. She had pictures of me and the boys....now she needed on of dad. I said no prob :)

At 10:30pm, the phone number that showed up on the caller id was from the nurses station. They call me when she falls and so I was like "Uh, oh. What happened?" I answered the phone, the nurse asked for me and I told her she was talking to me. She then said that she hated to inform me that my mom had passed away. I was stunned and asked what happened? The nurse said they were guessing that she had a stroke because they found her on the floor beside her bed.

I lost it. I couldn't even hold the phone. I had to give it over to Lewis. I fell to my knees, crying and   screaming. how could this have happened? I had JUST talked to her?!?!

Dad calls a few minutes later and Lewis had to talk to him. The nursing home obviously called him at the same time as me. Dad went up there (he told me later that he didn't believe it, so he had to know). When I had talked to my mom at 7, he had been there. He had went home and at 9:30, he had talked to her. So we know that it happened fairly quickly after dad talked to her.

The good news is that we know she didn't suffer. We figured she'd "go downhill" for a while. It's good that she didn't have to go thru that.

Dad and I went a few weeks later and spread her ashes in Ga., near Kennestone Mountain. My dad's parents are spread over the mountain and that's how mom and dad both wanted it done for them. However, we learned that it's not legal anymore, so we had to improvise.

It still hurts. It's been 2 months and I have a prob realizing she's gone. Last few days, I've had dreams and thoughts about her. I miss her.

0 comments: