7.21.2013

Trying new things

I love trying new things. 

I didn't use to be this way. I used to be VERY scared of it. Because I was worried of "What if it didn't turn out right? What if no one liked it?" I still have those thoughts, however, I've learned that I will find new things I will like, I will figure new things out, I can figure out what I can do different next time.

This weekend has been a fun one. First I made a sock doggie. Now.... I figured out a lot of different things I would do different with the next one. I made his body too little. I second guessed myself. I had it bigger, but thought it was too big, so I cut it down and it turned out scrunched...lol. His arms aren't connected the best, but I was so frustrated..so I need to walk away once I'm frustrated :) I love his ears. I did them in the morning after leaving him alone for the night, so I was seeing him from a refreshed viewpoint :)



Then today I made strawberry fruit roll-up. I have a few changes I would make with it. With the recipe I used, I would double or triple it. With how long it took it and how little amount of fruit roll-ups I got out of it....it seemed almost "fruitless" :) Also, I would use a lil bit less lemon juice. It's not bad, but it definitely has that twang. It reminds me of my school days of pulling one out of my lunch bag :) Can't wait until the boys try them :)

Coming out of the oven. Splitting the pieces. 


 Split it into 4 pieces


All rolled-up :) 

 

0 comments: