6.02.2011

Call from doctor's office

Well, last week I had 2 suspicious moles removed. The doctor said they would call me this week, no matter the results. Today was a week and a day, so I called them. The results came back. They both had cancerous cells in them. One, they have gotten it all out; the other, they are having me come back in do some more "carving" (my words, not theirs) They need to remove some more of the area to get rid of the caner cells. I'm also going to go ahead and have them check another mole.

I'm glad they found these in time. It just makes me nervous. I have a ton of moles and have never had them all checked. Now in one scoop, they found 2 moles with cancer in them. I'm try to not let it bother me, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering how many more might be worrisome. I have a lot of moles on my back, so it's hard for me to look. Maybe I need to just have them look for me. I just hate it because we don't have insurance right now (although I'm going to check into some) so that last visit, for just 2 moles, was $678. I'm having to make payments, because there isn't any money coming in right now, so there was nooooo way I could pay fully.

So, if you suspect a mole, get it checked out. I've seemed to have caught these fairly early, but no telling how far it could've gotten if I hadn't have noticed them, then showed my doc.

1 comments:

Kathy Vestal said...

Gretchen, welcome back to the blogs! Glad this turned out well. Sending prayers!