6.10.2011

Schools out......

.....for summer!

I'm actually looking forward to this summer. Although I know it's going to be a challenge, what with Mark being home and always wanting to do something ALL the time.

I'm going to work with Mark and some school stuff. I'm going to make it fun, but there are things I think he needs to work on. Such as~the difference between a continent, country, state, and capital. Right now if you asked him to name a state, he might say France. Or maybe ask him to name a country, he might say Pennsylvania. So I want to work with him on that. Then we are also going to work with math. He's good at math, but he has a time of guessing the answer instead of actually figuring it out. With reading, there is a website that he likes called Book Adventures. It's for K-8 grade where they read books and take quizzes to earn prizes. (I wanted to put all this on here, not only to tell you, but to try and keep myself accountable (:)

Then there are some places I'd like to go. Lake Norman has a Lake Norman Monster Sight Seeing Tour. Kinda a take from the Loch Ness Monster. It's called Normie the Lake Norman Monster. I've wanted to do this for a few years now, so maybe I can do it with the kids this year. Then I thought about going to the Historic Latta Plantation. Ross is big on history, so I think he will enjoy it the most (although Mark has started to show an interest)

There's other places I would like to take the kids, but we'll have to see what we can do. We have only one vehicle and that vehicle has no air conditioning, so we will have to time some things where the kids don't get too hot. Hopefully my plans will work out better than my plans last year. I'm hoping :)

0 comments: