12.20.2006

Hola. Como estan? Sorry. Hi. How are ya'll? hehe

Anyways. Busy busy here as I'm sure everyone else is too. I've been feverishly cleaning my house, although it's not how I wish it was. One year when my parents came to see us, we came home one time finding my mom cleaning the shower, even tho I had just cleaned it. UGG I told my dad today that it's as clean as I'm gonna get it by the time they get here. (I shouldn't have waited til the last minute hehe) He said it'd be OK, that mom's calmed down some. Good :)

I have been debating teaching Mark the whole Santa ordeal. I have had mixed feelings about it. See, my girls are so worried about how many presents Santa would bring or would be upset if they thought Santa didn't bring them enough things. I don't want Mark to do that. I want him to learn the reason for this time of year and want to DO things for people instead of worrying about how much he can get and what Santa will bring. (My parents never did the Santa thing with me. I always knew where my presents came from and didn't believe in him.)

Well Mark made up my mind for me. We went to the mall the other day and Santa's there taking pictures. We were going to Chick-fil-a. We were standing in line and Santa came over to talk to someone in the line beside us. All of a sudden, Mark saw him. He starting screaming bloody murder and wedged himself between the counter and me. The lady at Chick-fil-a asked Santa to leave for a few minutes. After Santa left, Mark was fine. Wellllll, we weren't gone by the time Santa came back. As Santa walked back toward us, Mark notices him again and starts screaming again. He literally DRAGGED me out of the mall. He was soooo spooked. It was the second time this has happened. A day or two before, he went to a CHRISTmas party with his PawPaw and he said that Mark got scared there. I just didn't realized HOW scared! So I guess I don't have to do the Santa thing. I don't think he'll mind either :)

Question for ya~~How old is too old to still be believing in Santa? My daughters are 12 and 10 and I think that's old enough to know the truth. I'm I off base?

Write ya later Hasta luego

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I really don't have an answer for you. My oldest is 10 and still believes in Santa. We have debated telling at least her this year, but still have not done it. We have 3 OTHER children that are still young enough to believe(in my opinion). So I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't want her to be made fun of for believing, and I don't want her to think it was a big trick and the jokes on her. I think after Christmas we will discuss it more. She might figure it out on her own, ya know? That is what I am hoping. Good Luck.

~Crystal~ said...

I learned the "truth" when I was in 1st grade from a classmate. I know Mom would have kept it going for as long as she could with me though.

Anonymous said...

I have no clue on this subject. Mine are 6 & 3...so I definately think mine have quite a while until they need to know. I'm kinda with Nicole...odds are good that they will find out on their own. I, too, never believed in Santa...my mom always told us where gifts came from..and we always focused more on the real reason for CHRISTmas. Sometimes I wish she would have let us believe..and sometimes I'm fine with the way she did it. We always had gifts under the tree from Santa...but we knew it was all just a made up story. We also did the whole leaving cookies & carrots, etc the night before...and we always loved doing that. But we never thought it was real. Who knows which way is best. I chose to let my kids believe..because I think it is the essence of innocence. But...thats just me! =) Good luck with your decision...whatever you decide is the right choice!