2.09.2007

First time (and last hopefully)

This is a bit long, but I want ya to get the impact :)

Ross got into trouble the other day. He had a break down. Then, later he comes and sits beside me on the couch and is playing with a gift card.

R:Look what grandma got me.
G:(I look at it. It looks new)She GAVE it too ya?
R:Yeah.
G:Are ya sure she meant to?
R:Yeah. She got it just for me.
G:I'm going to call her later
A few minutes pass
G:You SURE grandma meant to give this to ya?
R:Yeah.
G:I'm gonna call her to be sure
Ross goes to bed. Fifteen minutes later Ross comes into my bedroom and tosses the gift card to me
R:Here. I got it from the store today.
G:Excuse me?
R:I took it from the store.
G:What were ya gonna do when I called your grandma and asked he about it?
R:Tell the truth.
(The conversation went on, but I won't bore ya :) )

My heart had dropped. UGGGG We went the next day and took it back. Ross had to tell them what he did and apologize.
R:Here. I stole this and I'm sorry.
Lady:(Looks at me)It's ok. It doesn't work until it's rung up. Not a big deal.
G:Well, we teach him not to take things that aren't his.
Lady:Oh. (Looks at Ross) It's ok honey. Thank you tho for bringing it back.

UMMM??? I was soooooo upset with this lady cuz Ross heard that she said it wasn't a big deal. He's not deaf. Good grief. I realize that they aren't activated, but when a parent comes with a child and does what I had him do, DON'T blow it off as nothing. (Sorry...kinda upset)

I then took him to apologize to his grandma for including her in his lie. Thank goodness for grandmas cuz at least she didn't say "It's ok. No big deal"

So there's my story of my son stealing. Hopefully the last time. He's grounded for a while, but I don't know who's really getting punished:me or him. He's not adjusting to his medicine, so it's like he's not on it. He threw things at me today. I'm also surprised his door is still on the hinges. I'm still waiting for the day when it breaks.

Anyways, pray that something will happen with his medicine. Either a higher dose or getting it changed or something. I'm literally going nuts. It's getting bad.

Write ya later

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go mommy, for holding him accoutable. So many probably just would have done some scolding, but not actually made him take it back to the store...AND to his grandmas. He'll think twice next time he thinks he might want to do that. =)

I will be praying about his medicine. Hang in there. {{hugs}}

I said my blog was fixed last night, but it wasn't. hehe...it IS now. =)

Nicole said...

I would have been upset too. It makes me think twice about it though. If you were to make him say that to me, I probably would've said something like that too. Not to make it NOT a big deal, but those are the words that would most likely come out. THAT SAID: I am so glad that you made him go back and return the card. Even if the lady and Grandma didn't say the "right" things, I betcha he got the point.

Carolanne said...

The lady at the store was probably trying to make you feel better but it would have made me feel upset too.

Hope the medication gets sorted out soon, for you.