7.21.2006

My day

Well...Took Ross to his doc appt. today. She upped his "mood medicine"" again. Hopefully this will help! Also, she changed the way he takes his Ritalin. We are to try him on the patch (sounds like a smoker hehe). She is thinking that since he is on Tegretal ("mood medicine") and his liver has made it's own metabolism, that maybe the liver is cutting out a lot of his Ritalin. This way, thru the patch, it's going straight into the blood stream. I know it takes a while to figure out medicine for people, but I wish we'd find the right combination NOW! It's so frustrating.

We found us some insurance! THANK YOU GOD! If we got insurance thru L's work, it'd be around $800 and something a month. This insurance we got~~$330! Plus we don't have to have referrals. God has blessed us! All we have to wait for right now is it to go thru underwriting. L signed us up for a "discount program" thinking it was insurance, so I'm going to call them up and cancel that.

Please pray for my oldest brother. We suspect he is back on drugs. It's such a shame, cuz he had worked sooo hard at getting clean. Lately, when he's called my mom~he's so loopy. Oh yeah~according to him (in my family~when you say "Braxton says...", we don't tend to believe it) we are to become rich! Supposedly, he's suing this company that caused him to be hurt (he fell into a hole and hurt his back real bad) and he's gonna get millions and split it between my parents, me, and my 2 other brothers. Oh it'd be so nice :) I find myself figuring out what I could do with the $. I just feel bad for my mom. He disappeared for about 5 years~no one knew where he was, hadn't heard from him, or anything. He coulda been dead and us not know. Then he called my mom (part of the 12 steps) and apologized. Then he got hurt, and it's been back to the way he was. My mom's heart is broken :(

Write ya later.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Gretchen!! Thanks for the comment. I love my kitchen too. It does need a little work but for the most part its good.

CONGRATULATIONS on your insurance find!! That's great.

I will be remembering your brother in prayers.

Staci said...

I will be praying too... How old is he?

Gretchen said...

In his 40's